A simple google search of the key-phrase “how to make money online” will give you about 150 million results. My point? The web is overflowing with tips and tricks on how to make money online. Sadly, only a few tips actually work hence this post. In this post, I’ll share 10 straight forward ways you could earn income online. I call the methods ‘evergreen’ because they are yet to be outdated…people always earn through these methods.
Like you, I hate long introductions. But before we jump straight into the 10 simple ways to make money online, I need to stress a point…
This post won’t share a get-rich-quick scheme. While I’ll be the happiest if you made a million dollar in a day following the tips below, I advise you moderate your expectations. Earning you will through these methods, but it might take time and effort. I may be speaking from experience 🙂
Enough with the warnings and points to note, here is a list of 10 simple ways to make money online…
1. Publish And Sell E-books
Millions of people are scouring the net for tips on how to do this or that, all you need to do is step in and provide the answer(s). Let me paint the picture, so you understand why selling eBooks is the real deal. Amazon (the most popular online store) sells over 1000,000 eBooks daily. In fact, according to sites like statista.com, Authors’ daily earning is more than 5 million Dollars. If that’s not a huge market worth exploiting then I don’t know what is.
I know you may be sure how to get started with this eBook thing. Don’t worry, here is How to write an eBook-All you need to know
So, if there is a topic/subject you are good at, stop wasting time and publish an eBook on it.
2. Make money as a freelance writer
Freelance writing gives you the freedom to write for a client of choice when you want. In some cases, you have the liberty to write on a topic that interests you. Below are the common forms of freelance writing the online community offers:
- Writing on bidding sites like Freelancer, Upwork etc. Success on these sites begins with writing a convincing proposal, doing some work and having positive ratings plus recommendations. So, build a good portfolio (display of your work) and always deliver on time.
- Writing on Content Mills like Iwriter, Textbroker etc. The trick to succeed on these sites is quality and fast turnaround. Just like the bidding sites, high ratings means better earnings and vise vasa. So, avoid fluff and re-writes. Otherwise, the amount you can make from content mills, contrary to the popular opinion, is only limited by your imagination. You can make over $30 per 500 word article on sites like Iwriter if you have good ratings
- Writing on Revenue-sharing sites like Hubpages, Squidoo etc. Honestly, these sites may be tricky to make money from, especially if you don’t have a lot of followers and cannot generate traffic. Remember, they pay you per 1000 views and that is something you may not easily achieve. However, if you focused on the content rather than the pay and wrote engaging contents then revenue sites will reward you immeasurably. I suggest you write problem-solving articles. And never overlook a site’s FAQ page unless you want your articles to be rejected.
- Top 100 Freelance Writing Sites
- How To Write An Engaging Article
- Secrets of success on Iwriter, Textbroker etc
3. Make money as a Freelance Graphic Designer
You guessed it right, online freelancing isn’t restricted to writing. If some graphic design background (e.g. in webdesign, Photoshop or CorelDraw), it is time you put your skills into use and make some money online. There are thousands of clients willing to pay more just to get hold of your designs. In fact, you don’t have to set up a portfolio website to showcase your skills as there are numerous sites you may join and get hired almost instantly.
Here are some tips to help you position yourself in this rather overcrowded but highly lucrative field:
- Understand the rules and regulations of the freelance site (e.g Guru). In fact, only join and accept a job if it matches your design skills. You don’t want a poor review for your maiden order.
- Set up a convincing profile and ensure there is a good portfolio to show potential clients what you are capable of.
- Only work with reliable sites and clients. Never jump into deals that seem too good to be true.
4. Make money as a Transcriptionist
The good news is, all you need is computer and keen attention to detail. A good listener who can type faster can make more money in a day transcribing audio/videos than a freelance writer on a bidding site. Debatable? Anyway, here are tips you will find important in your journey to the top:
- Find a reputable transcription site (refer to the link below)
- Always ensure you have fast and reliable internet connection
- Use high-quality earphone to avoid straining a lot
- Make sure you understand what the client wants and the site rules before you commence work. Pay more attention to the special instructions by the client.
- Engage successful transcribers and learn why they are doing so well, then make the necessary adjustments.
5. Make money as a Data Entry Clerk
Data entry is the process of entering data into a computerized database or spreadsheet. Data entry can be performed by an individual typing at a keyboard or by a machine entering data electronically – Webopedia
Services such as Editing, Typing and Other Administrative tasks are often categorized as Data Entry or Virtual Assistant jobs. How does one make money through such tasks? Amazon Mechanical Turk is the site to visit for data entry jobs.
By the way, be smart and only go for the tasks you can easily handle while avoiding scammy ones. Data Entry jobs, being very simple tasks, don’t pay a lot hence the reason you should avoid tasks that promise jackpots.
6. Make money Selling Items Online
I believe you have heard about or even used sites like Amazon and eBay. These sites are some of the most popular online shops in the world. They are visited by millions of people daily. While most visitors to online shopping sites are there to buy items, a considerable number of people also visit these sites to sell their products…ever thought about joining the sellers?
You can sell anything online (i.e. from used books to cars) because there will always be people looking for convenient shopping. Be there to meet that need. What? You have nothing to sell online? C’mon what about an eBook? We started with that one for a reason 🙂
By the way, selling a product online is as simple as posting it and including a truthful description. Here are some points that may prove helpful in this online money making method:
- Advertise high-quality products or services
- Post your product/service under the right category
- Pick the most convenient online payment method
There may be challenges succeeding in this overcrowded and highly competitive field, but not if you have the right tips.
7. Make money through Affiliate Marketing
One of the legitimate jobs and with high returns is Affiliate Marketing. What is affiliate marketing therefore? Here…
Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts – Wikipedia
Your job will be to refer consumers (online shoppers) to purchase a certain product. The referral can be done in different ways, with the mostly used being the use of links that can trace back to you in case a consumer you referred purchases the product.
Contrary to popular opinion, you don’t have to own a blog or a website to start making money as an affiliate. The secret is picking products that sell and promoting them vigorously via emails, on forums and social media. Be careful not to spam your mailing list or the forums. Again, look for a product that is appropriate for your online community.
For instance, if you bought any or the eBooks, I’ll get a commission.
Don’t look at the commission, focus on the number of sales. For instance, why promote a product for $200 commission yet even a year will go by without making a single sale when you can promote a simple eBook for $2 commission making tens of sales a day? $30 a day in commission is better than $200 once or twice a year. I’m not saying you shouldn’t promote expensive products, was just looking at the return on time invested. Bottom line, promote what your audience love someone else is promoting.
8. Paid Online Surveys
9. Buying and Selling Domains
Have you tried registering a domain name only to find that it’s available but at a ridiculously high fee? Those domains are called premium domains. Don’t be scared, this business is not as expensive as it sounds. You can register domain trendy domain names and sell them later. The fact that there are hundreds of domain registrar out there makes it even cheaper. All you need is some small capital to launch your business and wait for the right time to reap the benefits.
If you still having troubles understanding this business model, Domain Name Flipping is:
a phrase used to describe purchasing a domain name and then quickly reselling (or “flipping”) it for profit. This is usually done within a year after purchase so that the owner doesn’t have to pay renewal fees for subsequent years – DomainSherpa
It is simple and needs little investment. Just buy domain(s) that seem underused and undervalued and do some value addition to it before selling it. You might not believe but a $10 .com domain may end up getting you $4000 even more.
10. Make money as a blogger
By now you must have realized this is a blog 🙂 Apart from freelance writing, you can also make money as a blogger. Most bloggers will agree with me that making money through blogging may not be a simple task but possible. You need the right tips if you are to make significant income from a personal blog.
I know..I know.. this blog isn’t making money, let alone significant amount, and I may not be the right guy to lecture you on how to make money blogging. But come to think of it, must a doctor suffer your ailment to treat you better? I doubt. So, I’m going to share what I’ve learnt from successful bloggers and which I believe will work for you as they have starting working for me.
The links below will take you through blogging in the simplest way possible, with focus on to how to make money. The first link takes you to a premium article with secret tips worth paying for while the second link leads you to one of the most detailed free guide on net. I suggest you visit and go through both for better results.
Obviously, this isn’t a conclusive list of legit internet jobs but have tried as much as I can to give you enough resources to help you make money. Try these simple and evergreen ways to make money online and start earning.
Let me know your thoughts about this post by commenting. Otherwise, good luck.